Sunday, February 16, 2014

Here we go again....

So many of you may not know but around Thanksgiving of 2012 we had a miscarriage and were devastated. It affected me a lot more than him. I was officially pregnant for about 5 weeks until I woke up to some debilitating cramps. I hadn't even got to tell family yet when the miscarriage began and that's how they found out. We were visiting family for Thanksgiving and they found out by me crying my eyes out in pain and misery. It took a good few months to feel like myself again. I didn't want to do photography. I didn't want to go out. I didn't want to do anything. Every time I seen a baby it felt like a stab to the chest. Patrick was soon deployed so I could finally just forget about everything baby making. I had great friends to keep me preoccupied and I finally had a smile again.

Fast forward till now. We'll we are PREGNANT! I just found out and I was so excited, scared, and nervous at the same time. I immediately told Patrick and he had his stern army response. lol   Almost immediately after I told Patrick I called the doctor. I didn't want to take a chance of the same thing happening again. They went ahead and put me on progesterone. I am already taking baby aspirin in hopes that it prevents the miscarriage as well. I'm already getting much much much stronger lines than I did before and hopefully this little sticky bean will stick this time.

Last time I didn't know when I ovulated or even how far along I actually was. This time I knew. I knew when I had exactly ovulated and I knew exactly when to test. I tested on 10 dpo and the line showed up!!! I had obvious lines but couldn't help to test over the next few days. So today I am exactly 4 weeks preggo and have nice strong lines. I have been praying everyday that God will bless us with a healthy and easy pregnancy not to mention a healthy and happy baby. For the sake of me remembering.. last cycle Jan 17, ovulation, Feb 2, and tested positive on Feb 12! That means I'm due October 26, 2014. A halloween baby!
I have my first appointment this Wednesday the 19th in Clarksville with a great OBGYN. I have been cramping a little but I have heard that is common the first few weeks of pregnancy. Last time when I miscarried I had very painful cramps with bleeding and so far I haven't had that. I think I have had what they call implantation spotting this go around which I didn't have when I miscarried. So I hope that means he is burrowing nice and deep inside my uterus. I have been extremely tired and sleepy for the past few days. Here's to hoping I have the strength and courage to have a healthy pregnancy. Please pray for this little sticky bean!

Love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment