Saturday, September 17, 2016

Gestational Diabetes..... 30 weeks

The dreaded phrase every pregnant women hates to hear. Gestational diabetes.... I was in total shock and it is still hard for me to accept. I had no risk factors other than being over 30. I have never had any sugar problems in my life. When I failed the one hour glucose test, I thought it had to be a mistake. Then when I also failed the 3 hour glucose test, I just couldn't believe it. I felt like I failed myself and my baby as a mother. Now I know that gestational diabetes has nothing to do with my lifestyle (I'm a relatively very healthy person) and I know that there is nothing I could have done to prevent it. It is how the placenta hormones are reacting to my own body producing insulin. But it is still hard to hear.... I'm not good with diets. I am always constantly eating and always hungry. I burn through food like crazy. Even though I am eating right were they want me to be I am still getting high numbers. In my head I know it's not my fault....I could not have prevented it....etc.... It is STILL hard for me to accept. Why is my body failing me? Why am I having this problem? Why can't I fix it? I go next week for my first ultrasound to measure the baby and make sure this diagnosis isn't hurting the baby.  Now while my numbers isn't as bad as it could be. I'm borderline and barely over the limit. It is still very hard for me to hear. Now will I get type II diabetes later in life because of this? Will my baby have insulin problems? It is too many unknowns for me to be comfortable with. I do not like relinquishing control. Now before you say, "oh she's just being dramatic," think about how a diagnosis like this would affect you. Were you shocked? What were your emotions? Now I just wait an see.....

Patrick is finally on the east coast!!!! No more Fort Irwin!! I cannot be more excited to get our house in Georgia and get everything ready for this baby. I just ready to be settled with my little family. Well at least as settled as the army will let me. We finally decided on a name! Cooper Benton Davis!  Mason's middle name is Wayne and comes from Patrick's family. So we thought it was only fitting to have my side of the family in this little one's name. Benton comes from mine. It is my Great Grandmother's maiden name.

We were able to get some 3D images of Cooper yesterday and he looks identical to what Mason did. He may be a little bigger. Which I don't know if that is from being the second baby or from the gestational diabetes... We will find out soon on that... Cooper is breech just like Mason was and he has his feet up my his head. JUST LIKE MASON. I have a feeling they will look so much like twins. Let's just hope I can make it to at least 37 or 38 weeks. That is my goal.

The next photo is Cooper on top. Mason on bottom.










No comments:

Post a Comment