Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sprouting little Davis Part TWO!



Well here we are again! I would have never dreamed we would be back here so quick but we are pregnant! I'm due November 23 which is almost a month past when Mason was due. I'm 12 weeks now and I can't believe how quick this pregnancy is moving. First off, it was a complete surprise. We were in Fort Irwin and if anyone knows that place it is not a place you want to pregnant at. Especially me with all my complications I have. The doctors are sparse and there isn't a NICU around for 2 or 3 hours. Considering I went early with Mason I can almost guarantee that I will go early with this one too. Patrick and I decided it would be in my best interest if I come home to VA to have help while he finishes up in Irwin. If you know Mason, then you know it is very hard alone not to mention while pregnant. Hopefully Patrick only has a few months left there. Our goal is to be in Georgia by Sept or October. That way I could have the same doctor as I had with Mason.

When I found out....... Welllll I got sick one night and thought that was so weird and I had been having a feeling that something was off so I just knew I was different. The next morning I tested and sure enough it was a big fat pregnant. But I knew even before I tested. I know that's hard to believe but it's true. I was like that with Mason too. I had a feeling and I just knew I was pregnant. Patrick was in total shock. I think he turning 50 shades of white when I told him. He didn't know how to react and it was so funny. I was in shock to but his reaction was priceless.

This pregnancy is completely different than my first. I have been soo soo sick. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, wellllll actually if you want to count even before I knew, I was sick. I'm not saying every once in a while sick. I'm talking about can't keep food down and not a human being sick. I couldn't eat anything because it would make me nauseous but if I didn't eat I was nauseous. It was a vicious cycle and I couldn't keep anything down for weeks. From about week 4 to week 9 I was miserable. I finally got put on Reglan that helped a little with the nausea and throwing up. I honestly felt horrible. It was the main driving force to get me home so I could have help. Fort Irwin is a training facility and Patrick is gone literally 80-90% of the time and I am not exaggerating at all. So you can imagine how it went those weeks. I was having to call him everyday to come home to watch Mason as I was throwing up. It was not good for me to be by myself during that time and it wasn't good for his career to be running home every second with me.

Thankfully, I haven't had any of the other problems I had with Mason. So far no cramping, bleeding, or subchorionic hemmorages. So I am very very thankful for that. I am on progesterone again for this pregnancy and baby aspirin to prevent miscarriage. Other than being sick this pregnancy, so far, is completely normal. (knocks on wood) The heartrate has been steadily in the 170s so that has been much higher than Mason's. His was steadily around 150s and 160s. I have had two ultrasounds. One at 6 weeks and another at 9. Both looked good and measured right on time.  I haven't hit the point in Mason's pregnancy where I started having contractions so I guess that will be the turning point. I hope I will not have those again but we will see. I get to find out the gender on June 8 in about another month. I hope it's a girl but in all honestly as long as he/she is healthy and happy I don't care.

The bump... well the bump is huge. I couldn't fit in my jeans at 6 weeks and I'm already bigger at 12 weeks than I was at 16 weeks with Mason. So it will be interesting how big I get. Good news is we already have extra carseats and all the essentials. We just have to get a double stroller and I want to get an Owlet. If you haven't seen those you need to. We haven't decided if we need another crib or not because Mason's transfers to a twin bed. I guess that means we will have to have something. Ohh and if you are trying to get pregnant please check out the Ovacue moniter. It is literally a God send and so much more accurate than pee sticks.

Lil peanut at 9 weeks
me at 11 weeks


For records sakes here's all my stats. So ignore this last bit if you don't care and don't want TMI. Due November 23rd. LMC was Feb 14th and ovulated on March 2nd. First positive pregnancy test on March 14th and blood test positive on that same day! First beta number was 49 so I literally just became pregnant lol. Second beta number two days later was 157 so it was doubling nicely!

Don't know if we are ready but here we are again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment