Friday, August 8, 2014

2-3 min apart

Well I had another trip to L&D yesterday. I was having contractions about 20 min apart yesterday morning... Then by lunch they were about 10 min apart so I decided it was time to go in. I'm 29 weeks TODAY so it is way too soon for me to have this baby. If there was any chance that they could stop labor before it was too late, I was going to go in. So I get there and they hook me up to the monitors. They decided I'm NOT dehydrated so it was not lack of fluids causing the contractions. They did all the checks and can't seem to figure out why they are continuing. I got an IV for precaution and continued to be monitored for another 7 hours or so. For a while they progressed to 2 -3 minutes apart and it was something we definitely needed to stop. The good news is that they weren't productive, which means that they were not making me dilate. BUT BUT BUT if we did not get them under control they could progress into labor. Shew this baby is going to be the death of me already or at least cause some gray hairs. LOL

So they gave me some medicine to stop the contractions and sent me home with orders to come into ultrasound today to measure everything. I just got back from my ultrasound and it couldn't have been better news. I am not dilating and my cervix is not shortening which is the best news I could receive. Apparently, I have an irritable uterus which the doctor said it partially due to my size. So hopefully the procardia will calm the contractions and I can actually make it to my baby shower.

The baby is also perfect. He is weighing in at 2 lbs and 15 oz, just 1 ounce shy of 3 lbs. He is in the 52 percentile which is perfect. He was moving around and looking adorable. He is transverse which is head up. His feet is also at the top of his head and is hilarious. He has some LONG legs. Out of all this mess at least I get some great pictures!!! He kept his feet, hands, and the cord in his face. He was being a little stubborn today.









No comments:

Post a Comment